Saturday, August 14, 2010

Trying to Decide? How Much Time Do You Really Have?

     For He says, "In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation, (2 Corinthians 6:2)
     This is so desperately a matter of importance for every human being who comes into the world that I first become indignant, and then I become sad, when I try to give spiritual counsel to a person who looks me in the eye and tells me: "Well, I am trying to make up my mind if I should accept Christ or not."
     Such a person gives absolutely no indication that he realizes he is talking about the most important decision he can make in his lifetime--a decision to get right with God, to believe in the eternal Son, the Savior, to become a disciple, an obedient witness to Jesus Christ as Lord.
     How can any man or woman, lost and undone, sinful and wretched, alienated from God, stand there and intimate that the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and God's revealed plan of salvation do not take priority over some of life's other decisions? Christ the Eternal Son, pp121-122, by A.W. Tozer.

No comments:

Post a Comment